For Two Days Post-Procedure:
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas
- Do not go swimming
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area
- After receiving a PCA SKIN professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to “peel”. However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to 12 hours post-procedure.
- As with all peels and treatments, it is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight; however, makeup may be applied 15 minutes after the treatment IF desired.
- To minimize side effects and maximize results use The Post-Procedure Solution for three to five days, or until flaking has resolved.
- If the skin feels tight, apply ReBalance for normal or oily skin types or Silkcoat Balm for drier types to moisturize as needed.
- It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications or alpha hydroxy acid products not be applied to the skin seven days post-procedure, as they may cause irritation. -Do not pick or pull loosening or peeling skin -Do not wax for five days
Lash Extension After Care:
- It takes 24 hours for the adhesive to cure (dry) thoroughly and yield a strong, durable bond. During this time the adhesive is vulnerable to moisture, steam excessive heat, and cosmetic ingredients.
- Avoid contact with steam, heat or water for the first 24 hours.
- Cleanse and brush your lashes daily. Neglecting to cleanse your lashes will result in poor retention.
- Remove all traces of makeup nightly, using a lint free pad or applicator.
- Use only water-based makeup & makeup remover
- Use oil-based or waterproof products near or on your eyelashes.
- Rub, or pull on lash extensions.
- Use an eyelash curler, this can damage your natural lashes as well as your extensions.
- Expose lashes to extreme heat or steam. This can cause lashes to straighten and loose the beautiful curl.